Do you want to make money doing what you love? Take a moment and visualize with me. You wake up, no alarm clock. You throw on your robe, head to the kitchen to get your morning coffee (or smoothie if you're like me). The sun is just about to rise over the top of the Eiffel Tower and you are grateful for such a beautiful day in Paris. You finally head over to your laptop to see that you made ten sales overnight while dancing the night away. And you have a list of other requests for your services and your day has barely begun!
This scenario is about waking up doing what you love. No traffic, no rush to the office, no sitting at a desk all day counting the hours, minutes, and seconds before you get back into traffic to drive home. Those were the old days, you are now in a “new normal”, creating a completely location independent business that makes you money doing EXACTLY what you love.
It can be done and I’m going to show you how…keep reading.
1. Chose a Profitable Idea
The key to success is your idea. Many start-ups fail within the first four years of starting their business because their idea isn’t marketable. To make sure your idea is marketable make sure that you are passionate about your idea (that’s important too) and your future clients like your idea too. Here's what you need to do:
- Talk about your idea and see what type of engagement you get
- Create a quick survey in survey monkey and ask people to help you by taking it
- Join a few Facebook Groups that support your ideal client and talk with them directly
2. Ensure Your Success
A profitable business sometimes takes a team. Some of the most successful entrepreneurs have a team of people that have coached them on topics they were unsure about or helped them complete some of the "leg work". You don't have to be rich to get a “ team” to support you. Most founders of successful businesses have salaries that are less than $50,000 a year! Here is how your comprise your “team”:
- Invest in a business coach (I’m a business coach and would love to help you) that can help get you where you want to be
- Hire a VA to help with the stuff that you don’t want to do or don’t like to do (I also offer VA services, let's chat!)
- Surround yourself with a community of entrepreneurs that will offer good advice and encourage you along the way
3. Get Paid for Your Passion
I was just like most new entrepreneurs. I had so many limiting beliefs about my talents.
- Why would someone want to buy from me?
- My idea isn’t good enough.
- There are other people doing what I want to do, why would someone want to work with me?
And so many more! Stop it, right now! Many people want to buy from you. Your idea is good enough. And no one in the world is just like you and that is what will set you apart. The key to making money doing what you love is to really fall in love with your business and get clients that struggle with what you are offering.
Within three months of starting my business idea, I had my first four-figure month. Many people were doing what I did and I didn’t care. I knew I brought more to the table and I knew what I did was special because I’m special. Sounds like something a pre-school teacher would say, lol...but it’s TRUE! Remove those limiting beliefs and roadblocks and you will get paid doing what you were put on this earth to do.
If you want to learn more about how to make money doing what you love, join me for three days of FREE LIVE TRAINING. No email address or opt-in required! Just join me in the Facebook Group Moms That Hustle. In the group I will go live and share with you my exact steps and the steps of other successful entrepreneurs on how to fire your 9 to 5 and start making money doing what you love. If you can't make it live, JOIN THE GROUP and you'll get access to all the replays!