Busy is not the word for a mompreneur. Maybe the word that describes us best has yet to be created because the job of a one woman show keeps us BEYOND busy. And because of that, we get very overwhelmed…quickly. So these tips will help you avoid overwhelm so that you can get your course done and ready to sell. No kidding around!
1. Automate More
Have you ever heard of the term…preaching to the choir? It means I’m telling you to do something that I too continue to struggle with DAILY. If you are a one woman show and you don’t have the budget to hire a virtual assistant, then you need to automate more. I spend 40% of my time on social media because that’s where my clients are so I schedule all of my social media accounts. Here’s what I use:
• Facebook – use the internal scheduler within Facebook itself to schedule all posts to your business and group pages. See the example below.
• Instagram – I use Planoly. It is free if you need to schedule one post per day on Instagram and for me that is enough.
• Pinterest – I am in love with Pinterest and I enjoy creating pins and scheduling them with the helpful Tailwind app. The amount of money per month that you spend is pennies compared to the time you will save.
These are the social media sites that I focus on. If you are interested in others, do a little research to find an automation web tool that work with the site you prefer.
2. Schedule time to work on your online course.
If you have already completed tip #1, then you have freed up about 30% or more of your time. Now use that time to work on your online course. If you don’t schedule your day at all, then you need to get more intentional about your time. Look at it from a realistic approach. If you have a family, children, and other obligations, write down how much time you need to focus on those important people and things in your life. Want to see what my day looks like? Download my “Day of the Life of a Mompreneur” Scheduler. You won’t be able to get anything done, let alone an online course if you are not scheduling your day.
3. Outsource as much as you can afford to.
There are some things that you won’t be able to get done. So I’m not going to pretend that everything is all ham and gravy…I’m a realist and I’m southern. There are times when you may need to dig deep to find the money to pay for things you just CAN NOT do. I have two websites. I paid for one to be made and I made the other. I had to make a decision based on my sanity. When creating an online course it is helpful to talk with someone that KNOWS the ends and outs of creating a course and what to avoid in the process...interject me! I can do three things for you:
- Work with you and show you how to get your course up and running. Click here to set up a strategy call with me.
- Offer you the 30 Day Course Creation Challenge audio course. Where you learn each step to take to plan, create, and sell an online course in 30 days.
- Create it for you. Learn about custom online course packages that will meet the needs of any entrepreneur at any stage in their business by setting up a strategy call with me.
Don’t leave empty handed. Download the 30 Day Online Course Roadmap to get started planning, creating, and selling your online course in 30 days.